We are excited to announce that we are now distributing ThermHex Polypropylene Honeycomb Panels. These panels are a strong and flexible lightweight material that provides optimal mechanical performance in composite sandwich structures.
ThermHex produces a broad range of high-quality, durable, and economic honeycomb panels with a standard density of 80 kilograms per cubic meter (5.0 Lbs / ft³). For applications with lower requirements to compression strength, ThermHex offers a lighter honeycomb panel with a density of 60 kilograms per cubic meter (5.0 Lbs / ft³). The honeycomb panels are available in thicknesses from 3 mm to 28 mm with cell sizes from 3 mm to 9.6 mm. Standard thicknesses are 3.5, 6, 10, 12, 15, 20, 23, and 28 mm.
The optimized cell size and the specific structure of ThermHex honeycomb panels offer an exceptional surface quality in sandwich components even with very thin skin material layers. The material comes in sheets of a maximum width of up to 1,400 mm. Standard panel length is 2,500 mm, while longer sheets are available upon request.
Compared to other polypropylene honeycomb panels, ThermHex offers several advantages. Firstly, it is incredibly lightweight which helps to reduce fuel consumption and costs when used for applications such as vehicle bodies. In addition, the material provides a lightweight solution without having to sacrifice on strength or durability. In comparison to traditional materials such as MDF & Plywood, ThermHex can offer up to 85% weight savings.
ThermHex honeycomb cores offer lightweight properties with no sacrifices to strength and stability. The honeycomb structure is formed using a patented process which ensures its rigidity and mechanical strength. The material is manufactured with polypropylene which ensures the finished material remains stable. The finish is a fine fleece which assists with the bonding of additional facing materials and is provided in a thickness range between 3.5mm and 28mm.
ThermHex Polypropylene Honeycomb Panels are an excellent choice for composite sandwich structures due to their strength, flexibility, and lightweight properties. We are proud to be distributing these high-quality panels and look forward to working with you on your next project.
Choosing between Aluminum Honeycomb Panels and Polypropylene Honeycomb Panels?
Aluminum Honeycomb Panels
• High Strength-to-Weight Ratio: Aluminum honeycomb panels have a high strength-to-weight ratio, which makes them ideal for applications where strength is a concern.
• Heat Resistance: Aluminum honeycomb panels have excellent heat resistance properties, making them ideal for use in high-temperature environments.
• Corrosion Resistant: Aluminum is highly resistant to corrosion, which makes it an excellent choice for applications where exposure to moisture is a concern.
Polypropylene Honeycomb Panels
• Lightweight: Polypropylene honeycomb panels are incredibly lightweight, which makes them ideal for applications where weight is a concern.
• Durable: These panels are also very durable and can withstand a lot of wear and tear.
• Sound Deadening: Polypropylene honeycomb panels provide superior sound deadening qualities over aluminum and steel construction.
• Chemical Resistant: Polypropylene is highly resistant to chemicals, making it an excellent choice for applications where exposure to chemicals is a concern.
For more information on our ThermHex Polypropylene panels, please read our brochure and be sure to reach out with any questions you may have on your upcoming project.